The Copyright Committee exists to educate CUNY Libraries about issues related to fair use and copyright so it may empower members of the CUNY community as content consumers and creators. The committee promotes proactive, innovative solutions to information sharing and use.
The Committee focuses on education initiatives related to copyright and fair use, including:
- Maintain an online resource that addresses copyright questions at CUNY
- Promote awareness of fair use and copyright issues that affect higher education
- Communicate notable copyright issues to members of CUNY Libraries
- Collaborate with OLS committees to develop policies and best practices as required
- Support faculty, students, and staff as both information users and rights holders
The Committee is appointed by the University Dean for Libraries and Information Systems. The co-chairs are chosen by the committee and serve a two year term.