The Resource Recommender service allows you to recommend the following resources based on searchable tags: database, website, person, library information, library guide. It supplants the Adwords plugin we used in the legacy UI.
When a user performs a search in which the query exactly matches the searchable tag (which may be a word or phrase), the new UI displays up to three associated recommendations at the top of the brief results. Users can see all of the recommendations by clicking the See all N suggested resources link.
NB: Currently, partial searches are not supported by the Resource Recommender.
There are several types of resources available to us:
- Database: Displays the database recommendations on the left side of the All Suggested Resources page.
- Person: Displays the contact recommendations on the right side of the All Suggested Resources page.
- Website: Displays the Website recommendations on the left side of the All Suggested Resources page.
- Library Information: Displays the library information on the right side of the All Suggested Resources page.
- Library Guide: Displays the library guide recommendations on the right side of the All Suggested Resources page.
Maintenance of these recommended resources will be done by the Office of Library Services with input from the local libraries.
To get started, download the Excel spreadsheet templates below and fill in the requested data. (When including URLs for databases, please ensure they are proxied!) When you're ready, submit the completed spreadsheets to email@example.com with the subject line
Primo: XX - Resource Recommender, where "XX" is your 2-letter campus code.